Income Properties for Sale in Montreal
Baron has the most comprehensive listings of income properties for sale in Montreal. Our catalogue of apartment buildings includes properties in prime location. We assess a property’s value on more than just its appearance and location. When buying or selling income properties such as apartment buildings, it’s important to understand the big picture. Is there room to grow in the neighborhood? What attracts tenants to this area? Are their zoning policies that might affect the value of the property? These are just a few of the factors that we take into account.
With us, you not only get the asking price, our goal is to list the properties right, so that the buyer and the seller don’t waste time trying to figure out the right price. We also provide accurate return on investment calculations for our clients,the needed down payment to purchase,the cap rate, rental prices, potential upside in the rents, and perfect marketing material to help the buyers/investors truly understand and appreciate what they are buying.
Income property expertise
Baron Realty not only provides comprehensive listings, we also make sure that all of our investors are given access to our extensive expertise in Montreal’s income property world. Our years of experience on the ground is what sets us apart from the rest. We know exactly what you should expect out of an apartment building, where the best places to buy are, and what makes something appealing to investors, sellers, and tenants.
Baron Realty gives you the ability to see all of the details. This means that you get to see pictures, land dimensions, parking options, return on investment, similar properties sold, and the upside in the rents / expenses. We want to make sure you get the full picture before you make a decision.
With a focus on honesty, integrity, and in-depth knowledge of the industry, Baron Realty has become one of Montreal’s leading income property agencies. If you are looking for income properties for sale in Montreal, then you have come to the right place.
- Residential units: 27
- Floors: 3 + basement
- Asking price: $2,449,000.00
- Heating: Gas
- Hot water: Gas
- Land: 773.9 m² (8,330 ft²)
- Building size: 19.81 x 22.52 m (65 x 73.9 ft)
- Building floor area: 0 m² (0 ft²)
- Parking: 5 indoor spaces
- Year built: 1957
• 3 Floors + ground floor level
• Heating : Gas
• Hot water: Gas
• Land as per city of Montreal: 773.9 m. sq. 8,330 sq. ft.
• Building size *: 19.81m X 22.52m (65 ft. X 73.9 ft.)
• Year built: 1957 as per city of Montreal
• Unit mix: 15 X 1½, 2 X 2½ and 10 X 3½ , 4 retail stores of which 1 is vacant today
• Parking: 5 indoor garages currently used by the owners. These garages are not ventilated, thus no in and out access for the tenants. Must be used as storage until ventilation system installed.
• Inclusions: 2 washers, 1 dryer. All fridges and stoves as per leases. Appliances included as is with no warranty.
* We used the 1982 certificate of location for the building size. Baron Realty and the Seller can not guarantee the accuracy of this measurement. A new certificate of location has been ordered already.
1. Source Tetrad, 1 square Km
2. From the city of Montreal’s web site
3. Source Walkscore.com
4. The building measurements were obtained from the 1982 certificate of location. There is no guarantee on this accuracy.
5. All offers to be left open for 2 business days, and must be sent by email or fax to listing broker.
6. No visits until an accepted offer
7. The rent roll was given to Baron Realty by the seller without verification by the broker of the actual leases.
8. Needed down payment 32% - 40% depending if CMHC will insure the mortgage or if conventional. May be more please confirm with your lender.
9. No loan to be assumed. Buyer can do their own financing
10. The sale is with no legal warranty as to quality. Sold as is where is to the risks and perils of the purchaser.
11. There will be GST and PST implications on the non residential component, thus buyer must have GST / PST numbers.
The perfect Multi-family building, on Van Horne Avenue. Owned by the same family since 1987. Excellent location. Walk score of 89 (note3). One block from Plamondon Metro Station as well as the Victoria / Van Horne shopping centre. A walk to the Jewish General hospital. A lot of upside in the rents. The in place residential and commercial rents are below market rents by close to 10%. Recent updates / renovations include: balcony doors, windows, balconies, mailboxes, roof, brick work, front entrance door, railings, electric panels, hot water tank, gas furnace. Many of the tenants have been here for many years, hence the bathrooms and kitchens are older in many of the units.
This part of the city has seen steady population growth, estimated at 2.8% from 2011-2016 and 2.9% from 2016-2021. The median population age is very young and vibrant at 34.4 years old (Note 1). The Cote-des-Neiges borough is home to many of Montreal’s landmarks, destinations including: 3 major hospitals, Jewish General Hospital, Saint Mary’s Hospital, CHU Sainte Justine, Colleges Notre Dame, Jean de Brebeuf, The Oratoire Saint-Joseph, University of Montreal, HEC and many more destinations. Ease of transport, proximity to downtown Montreal makes the Cote-des-Neiges borough an easy choice for the tenants to live in which is why with its 166,520 inhabitants on 21.4 sq. Km. this borough ranks number 1 amongst Montreal’s 19 boroughs for population size.